Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Joy Joy







Guess What a dear friend to me??!! Volume one and volume two of Irma Rombauer's Joy of Cooking. So, today will be chocolate pots-de-creme (kind of a fancy pudding), one of the few desserts that Dear Hubby actually likes.

I have found a new source of wonderful recipes http://www.williams-sonoma.com/ . The pictures of the foods are tantilizing and I get to covet the wares while "window shopping" online. Happy viewing.
Will try to post some pix and give an update on the pudding.
I'm back...with a new recipe to post...stuffed mushrooms. This is totally a Marsha original.
I used 18 large white mushrooms remove the stems and chop them up for part of the stuffing.
In skillet brown about 1/4 pound bacon (Iremoved a large portion of the fat and tried to cook more of the meat) and two small white onions, add mushroom stems.
About the time everything is browned the pan started getting a little dry so I added about 2 Tbsp butter and about a half cup of chicken broth and simmered. Next 6 slices of white bread cubed and one6 ounce can each of white crab meat and fancy lump crab meat..do not strain first just dump the cans liquid and all into the skillet. Mix together and remove from heat. It should be the consistency of a slightly wet stuffing. I then stuffed all 18 mushroom caps and put asiago cheese over 9 of them. Dear Hubby had a special request for no cheese on some of them.
I also have a chicken brining in a honey brine. I put about 3/4 cup of honey in around 10 cups of water, added about a cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of salt. I will update you on the outcome.

2 comments:

  1. How can I possibly lose any weight while reading your blog?
    LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think reading is calorie free. And I was once told that all things made with love are healthy. Let me just tell you the chocolate pots-de-creme are to freaking die for! I didn't even need to strain them beacuse I wisked the egg yolks in fast enough that there was zero clumping. So proud of myself. This is a must make again recipe!

    ReplyDelete