Monday, December 28, 2009

See Food Sea Food and more See Food







Shopping trip to Syracuse squashed due to the weather. Instead I hit my local grocery store looking for cooking inspiration. While perusing the produce an elderly gentleman with a black apron and matching cap approached us with his wheeled cart of samples in tow. One bite of the prepackaged coconut shrimp had me headed straight for the non-prepackaged sea food. I had already loaded the cart with the fixings for stuffed mushrooms when my eyes began to outgrow my stomache (as usual). Shrimp, lobster tails, mussels, and king crab legs oh my! I rationalized this splurge with the fact that I have to work on New Year's eve. Since this is my night off, this will be my New Year's eve meal. Mark is going to make mussels marinara, I am going to make roasted lobster tails and stuffed mushrooms. Will post pictures and recipes once I am finished, as usual, no plan just a general idea of ingredients.
Ok, Mark's Mussels Marinara :
In fry pan about 1/4 cup of olive oil and almost a half of a full head of garlic chopped tsp of dried oregano and about a half teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes browned for about 5 minutes then add one large can crushed tomatoes and about two cups of water and let simmer for about 25 minutes plop in the mussels and simmer until they are all open. This was FANTASTIC. Mark's creation, not mine, I bow before the master! Nothing I would change.
Roasted Lobster Tail: Split lobster tail down the middle brush with olive oil, roast at 450 until tail starts to curl up (about 20 minutes).
I didn't get any pictures of the king crab legs as they were gobbled up before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment