Friday, January 1, 2010

And the meat plot thickens




Here is the update so far. I left the meat mixture in the oven for about 2 hours at 350, came home, removed from the ovenand placed on top of the stove and brought to boil all the while smashing. I did purchase some cooking sherry and added about 3/4 cup to the mixture. On the side, I cooked up about 1 and a half pounds of sweet sausage grease drained and then added that to the mixture. Holy guacamole is that ever delish! Not what I remember, so I may have to keep trying. Ok, here is the kicker...and I hope it wasn't a mistake. I have enough filling that if it is a flop I will make another pie. I rolled out two cans (if that is what they are called?) of Pilsbury crescent rolls and made top and bottom crusts with them. It's in the oven now. I am so not traditionally a Pilsbury pop and fresh anything girl, but Rachel mentioned the idea to try it, and I figured why not. The remainder filling will be traditional home made pie crust.

1 comment: