Thursday, January 28, 2010

Veggies and Veggies and Veggies Oh MY!

Holy buckets of blueberry buttons, Batman have I consumed mass quantities of veggies today. One would think where veggies are concerned that there is no such thing as "too much". Unfortunately, my digestive tract is not agreeing with that statement. The recipe is something I whipped up a few days ago and forgot I had in the fridge until I was ready to leave for work tonight. Try it at home if you like, but warning moderation may be needed if you have any where near as delicate a GI system as I do.

one small (baby size) yellow squash sliced
one small (baby size) zucchini sliced
1/2 diced yellow onion
5 diced cloves of garlic
two peeled and sliced carrots
one stalk sliced celery
2 cups baby spinache
1 cup chicken broth
one TBSP sunflower oil
Mix all together and cook until veggies are brightly colored and still crisp, yet spinache is wilted. It is delicioso served over pasta with some grated cheese. I might even consider using a white wine reduction with this. Enjoy, but be sure to wear elastic waisted pants when the bloat sets in!

No comments:

Post a Comment